Wednesday 1 June 2011

iPhone App Mum - Entering the Wonderful World of Facebook

After several years of being berated by friends, I have finally signed up to Facebook.  I vividly remember hearing about Facebook for the first time when I was on holiday five years ago.  Someone I met was talking about it - this was just before Facebook became huge in 2006 - and it sounded like Friends Reunited (remember that?) on steroids.   I logged in but didn’t upload a photo and for the last 5 years, I have remained a faceless user with one friend.  The guy I had met on holiday.
That is until 2 weeks ago…….with the launch of our app Legacy Organiser, I have got into social media - not least because our app has Facebook connectivity so users can tag friends through the app to songs and entries they have made.   I have felt bamboozled by the options to post, comment, and poke and overwhelmed by the way FB can work out who you might know through other friends and suggest who you want to be mates with - how does it do this?  It is all a bit of a mystery to me.  I now have 27 friends and was pretty pleased with this number until I saw another friend of mine had over 900.  900?  I’m not sure that there are 900 people who know how I am let alone want to be friends with me - so clearly I need to get my act together and to virtually get out there.
Next stop - Twitter.  Quite worried about that.  Tweeting, retweeting, hash tagging, Friday follow.  That surely is a different language.

No comments:

Post a Comment